Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy, by: Cassandra Clare

After rereading the Mortal Instruments series, I couldn't get enough of the world of shadowhunters. When I found this series, Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy, I almost cried from sheer joy. This series is made up of ten books that each tell the stories of characters who may have been glossed over in the Mortal Instruments. Tessa and Jem, Helen and Aline, even Robert and Maryse, all have the chance to tell their stories as guest speakers at the Academy. Readers get to experience this unique perspective from Simon Lewis' angle.

I started reading this book knowing I would love it, because who doesn't love everything Cassandra Clare writes? Although no books will ever compare to the Morta Instruments series, this collection came as close to that perfection as they could. My heart (and eyes) wept for the beautiful characters I hadn't stopped to think about in City of Bones or Clockwork Princess. Should you read this series? Oh most definitely; but I would definitely recommend reading the books Cassandra Clare wrote previous to these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment