Saturday, January 28, 2017

Gray Mountain by John Grisham

In 2008, when the recession hits, Samantha Kofer watches as her perfect life as a lawyer in one of the best law firms in New York falls apart. She takes a volunteer position in Brady, Virginia at a legal aid clinic in hopes that one day she'll get her job back. Samantha is shocked by the injustices committed by coal companies for profit in this small town of 2,200 people. For the first time in her life, Samantha is practicing real law and helping real people take on the dangerous world of Big Coal.

This book isn't what I usually read. I usually stay away from lawyer-y books because they bore me, but Gray Mountain was different. The realizations that took place while I read this book made me want to run outside and make a difference at this very moment. Although I was disappointed by the end (no spoilers here), it was worth the on-point-plot until that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment