Saturday, August 27, 2016

A Child Called It - Dave Pelzer

All Dave has ever dreamed of is love; but all he has ever known is abuse from his alcoholic, unstable mother. Everyday, he comes home to starvation and beatings while his own brothers and father turn a blind eye on what they know is wrong. Dave is neglected to the point where his family won't even acknowledge him as a human being, rather, they call him "it." All Dave Pelzer has to survive one of the worst child abuse cases in California's history are his wit, determination, and dreams of unknown love.

I'm not gonna lie, this book made me cry more than I'd like to admit. It is Dave Pelzer's (the author) true memoir of his abusive childhood. This book has a lot of violent material in it, so if that bothers you I would not recommend it. Otherwise, this was a well-written book that opened up my eyes to a painful reality I didn't know existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment