December is here, and over at NaNoWriMo HQ, we're experiencing a mess of emotions. There's some relief, a bunch of sadness, some sleepiness, and a ton of awe at what y'all have done this past November.
Last month, you made a commitment to your creativity. Year after year, we've seen how you've changed the world, one story at a time. Because of you, we know how powerful stories can be. They can lead to incredible communities being born, to classrooms being transformed, to people all around the world feeling a little less alone.
So, yes, November is over... but we're not quite finished yet.
So what happens now?
- Interested in revising and possibly publishing your novel? Join us for the "Now What?" Months in January and February!
- Want to write with us again? Keep an eye out for Camp NaNoWriMo in April and July, during which you can set your own word-count goal, and tackle any writing project you'd like. (For ages 13 and older.)
If you hit your word-count goal:
- If you hit your goal and validated your novel, make sure to claim your winner goodies. Just go to the link "You Won!" under "My NaNoWriMo" in the sidebar.
- Didn't validate in time? Let us know in this thread, and we'll fix that for you.
- Want to reward yourself with a winner shirt? Nab your tee here.
If you didn't quite make it:It can be tempting to feel like you lost if you didn't hit your word-count goal; I get it! But remember: you made your writing a priority this month. We think that's worth commemorating.
The final word? You should be incredibly proud of yourself; we know we are.
Thank you so much for writing with us this past month, and for letting us be a part of your creative journey. We're so lucky to write with amazing people like you.
Not saying goodbye yet,
Tim Kim, and all of NaNoWriMo's staff