Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Death Cure; A Part of the Maze Runner series


THE MAZE RUNNER: The Death Cure
By James Dashner

The third book in James Dashner's Maze Runner series, is my favorite. It was the most well written book in the series. Dashner uses foreshadowing, and suspense very well in this book, and it's very unpredictable. While reading this book, I caught myself trying to figure out what would happen in the end, and yet, every time I did catch myself, my prediction was wrong. James Dashner brings back events that seemed to have little meaning in the first two books, and they now have tremendous meaning. 
The book starts off with Thomas in the WICKED headquarters, and they are trying to run expirements on him. As many followers of the series know, Thomas hates WICKED. They are trying to use him, to find a cure for the Flare. Thomas has many doubts. Then, Thomas and his friends escape the headquarters, and go on a Berg, to fly to Denver. Why Denver? Because Denver's the best. I would say just kidding, but in my eyes, I think that Denver is. Anyways, Thomas' friends know someone in Denver who can remove the chips stored in Thomas' and his friend's brains. They run into the Right Arm, a secret orgnization, that also dislikes WICKED. Thomas has multiple encounters, in which he almost is sold back to WICKED, tries to save Newt, and exposes his immuity to the flare, before teaming up with  Right Arm. Will Right Arm take down WICKED, or does WICKED's smarts, soldiers, and wealth overpower Right Arm? Read The Death Cure and find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment