The library needs Teen Volunteers, ages 12-17 (must be 12 by June 1), to help with our 2013 Summer Reading program from June 1 - August 3. Teens can earn volunteer hours by helping kids register, hand out prizes, enter statistics, and other duties as assigned by library staff.
*NEW* Beginning April 1, 2013, teens must go online to check the summer reading volunteer calendar and complete a survey to reserve their volunteer time shifts.
Step 1: View the College Hill Library volunteer schedule or the Irving Street Library volunteer schedule to see available time shifts (green color) - two volunteers/time shift.
Step 2: Complete this scheduling/registration survey (link coming April 1) to:
(1) Reserve your preferred time shift (initially, no more than 2 shifts/week)
(2) Provide contact information
(3) Sign-up to attend a Training Session
Step 3: Teens must attend a training session with a parent to:
(1) Confirm their participation and schedule
(2) Complete a City of Westminster volunteer application (If you prefer, you may print a young adult volunteer application to complete at home and bring to the training session.)
(3) Learn how to perform their volunteer duties.
2013 Training Dates
Saturday 1-2pm, May 18, College Hill
Tuesday 6-7pm, May 21, College Hill
Wednesday 6-7pm, May 22, Irving Street