Destiny Rise of Iron, I have been playing destiny, and ever since this DLC came out, I have been playing non-stop. In fact, I have recently obtained one of the game's best weapons, The Gjallarhorn. (that was just to make people who did not have it jealous. I do not actually know the story behind it, also anyone can get it, easily) Destiny itself is a story about how a giant white orb came to Earth and had the capacity to create life and functional ecosystems. There was a Golden Age, unfortunately, shortly afterwards the darkness found the “traveler” as they called it, to seek revenge. Later, in the Taken King, the old DLC, you needed to kill Oryx, or the so-called God of this evil. And now, in Rise of Iron, the journey stays on Earth, or so I know. It is still too early to tell. Long story short, get this game.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Overwatch is a brand new game from Bungie, and it has captivated us with its interesting characters, fun graphics, and wonderful controls.
Much resembling TF2, Overwatch is a game based on choosing a character and using it in battle. Though wonderful, it has its downsides, as the game can be hard to learn at first. However, once you really get used to it, it will be a wonderful new edition to your list of favorite games.
Saturday, September 24, 2016
The Female of the Species by Mindy Mcginnis is about a girl named Alex who once found her older sister, Anna, dead in the woods. Since then she has never been the same and murdered Anna's killer. But then she crosses paths with Jack and begins falling in love and then befriends her classmate Peekay. That's when Alex realizes doesn't have to live like this.
What I loved most about The Female of the Species was how the book did a great job of shaping the plot and the characters. It was more focused on that than throwing in twists and making things a rushing adventure which is something we do not see as often in YA books. Also since the main character, Alex, has been through something traumatic, it is interesting to read about how she thinks from her point of view. The ending would be extremely difficult but the author managed to make it completely tolerable and I have never read anything like it.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Our next Teen Advisory Board (TAB) meeting is Tuesday, September 27 from 4-5:30 pm!
Join TAB and get volunteer credit for promoting library services to teens at the Westminster Public Libraries:
- Advise, plan, and participate in teen programs.
- Post reviews and teen news on the Teen Underground blog/website.
- Promote teen reading and news by creating bulletin boards and displays in the Teen Underground areas.
- Recommend materials for the young adult collection.
Last Tuesday of each month
Saturday, September 10, 2016
- The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year.
- Nominators are members of teen book groups in fifteen school and public libraries around the country.
- Readers ages twelve to eighteen can vote online between August 15 and Teen Read Week™ (October 9-15, 2016) here on the Teens' Top Ten site.
- Winners will be announced the week after Teen Read Week.
- Check out the Teens' Top Ten Nominees from the Westminster Public Library, read, and then vote your choice!
Posted by WPL Teen Underground at 3:46 PM